Howdy and Shalom, everyone!
Ruby Mae here! Today I’m feeling so thankful and happy to have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! A big THANK YOU to John at The Eclectic Contrarian for nominating me!
Here are the suggestions for being nominated:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
I have been asked the following questions:
1. What inspires you for your writing and your everyday life? This one is easy. The answer is God. Yahweh is my inspiration for my writing and my entire life in general. Without Him i could do and be nothing.
2. What got you into writing? Another easy one, God. All my writings are wholly inspired by God. I have no idea what to write until the Holy Spirit tells me what to write. I’m merely the pen in God’s hand. I started writing a few months after accepting Christ as my personal Savior. I’ve always loved reading, but God gave me the desire to write.
3. Do you put yourself into your characters in your stories or do you attempt to keep yourself different? I’m definitely into my characters. I have to be to make them believable. On top of that, I have to put myself in their place in order to receive the amazing stories God gives me and to learn the life lessons He’s teaching me through the characters journey. It’s an amazing process.
4. Compare yourself with other authors, who would you say you compare to? I would compare myself with any author who allows their stories to be written God’s way rather than their way or the worlds way. Any author who writes what God wants instead of what the so called people and the world and the publishers are seeking after.
5. Do you play musical instruments? If yes, what is it? If no, if you could, what would it be? I play the bongos a little bit. But if I could play something else, I’d definitely play the banjo, fiddle, and/or ukulele.
6. What musical instrument would you say would inspire your writing? There would be a single instrument. But many instruments playing together in a beautiful God-given harmony.
7. If you could go anywhere in the world and write, where would it be? There’s no question about it, I’d go to Israel!!! Yahweh’s land and people! My homeland through the spirit of adoption. There would be nowhere more inspiring to write!
8. What makes your creative juices flow? Prayer is always a good start! After that, God takes over. He may show me a news article, allow my family and friends to inspire something, or something completely off the wall!
9. Who are the most influential people in your life? Besides God(Who’s number One), I would definitely say my family. They’re the second most important people in my life!
10. What is important to you? God, His Word, my family, Israel, teaching young people the importance of purity, singing, writing, and doing everything I can to reach as many people as I can for Christ through everything I do!
11. What is the message you try to put out in your writing? My ultimate message I try to display in my writing is what I call the Ultimate Treasure. The Ultimate Treasure is God’s wonderful gift of Salvation through His Son Yeshua(Jesus) and living a life close to God. That’s why I also place God’s simple plan of Salvation in the back of every novel I write. To be used as a guide for those seeking to know the Lord and also as a witnessing tool for Christians to use when sharing Christ with others.
The message of next importance would be the importance of keeping the faith and living according to God’s will so we can stay close to God.
My Nominees are:
- Author Ryan C
- Captive Dreams Window
- Sacred Touches
- Katies Cottage Books
- Beholding Him Ministries
- Willowy Whisper
- Joyfully Blessed Blog
- Alicia G Ruggiei
- Amazing Tangled Grace
- Laura Bon
- Author S Williams
My questions are:
- What’s your favorite Bible verse?
- If you could travel back through time, which event would you most like to witness?
- If you could ask God any question and get the answer immediately, what would you ask?
- What is your favorite Bible story?
- Which Bible character do you believe you are most like and why?
- What is the most soul-stirring book you’ve ever read?
- When did you get saved?
- If you could travel any where in the world, where would you go and who would you take with you? Why?
- What’s your favorite dish?
- What’s your go-to verse when you feel your faith lacking?
- Do you have any prayer requests you’d like me to pray for?(please include a ping-back with this one!)