Well, I’m just a small town girl, who loves God and my family. I reside in one of Georgia’s small historic towns with my family. I’m the eldest of eight children in my family and considers it a great blessing to be a part of such a large and Godly family. I was homeschooled all my life, which I also consider to be a huge blessing. Since receiving my GED, I now enjoy teaching my siblings.
I found the Ultimate Treasure, God’s gift of Salvation, when I was eighteen. Since then, I’ve been called to share the knowledge of God through the ministry of singing, teaching, and now writing.
For as long as I can remember, I’ve always been a bookworm. You can rarely find me without a book in my possession. I first toyed with the idea of writing a novel in 2014 while living in Tennessee. But after writing the first few pages I laid it aside. My desire to write a novel came back full force in the early fall of 2016. It was then that I started to write my debut novel, Hidden Treasures(set to release fall 2017). When I’m not writing I can usually be found spending time with my family or reading.
I was also led of the Spirit to teach other young people about the importance of purity and to encourage them to follow God’s will in saving themselves for marriage. A vow I’ve made myself as I continue to wait for God to send me the man He’s created especially for me.
Yep, you read correctly. I write romance novels and I’ve never been kissed or even been on a date. The stand for purity is a strong one, but one I’m committed to. I’ve decided to save my first kiss for my wedding day. What a way to start my HEA! Until then, I’m satisfied with my single life. I love reading romance novels and I love writing them. Yeah, you might think I’m crazy writing about something I have no experience in, but I’m doing what God has called me to do. Besides, true romance comes from God and the heart. I write whatever God lays on my heart.
P.S. In case you’re wondering, I don’t really consider myself a plotter, though a do set up a basic story line. But I don’t really consider myself a pantser either, though for the majority, I don’t have a plot to go by. I like to consider myself a Spirit-Pantser, I write what the Holy Spirit tells me to write and most of the time the story comes as a surprise to me and goes way off track of what I originally had it mind. But that’s what makes writing those God-given stories so much FUN!
FUN FACTS ABOUT RUBY MAE!
- I was saved at age 18, January of 2012.
- I’m the eldest child of eight in my family.
- I have 4 awesome sisters, 3 crazy brothers, and 2 amazing parents.
- I love to sing and yodel.
- I love to travel and see new places.
- I was bitten by a Copperhead in the summer of 2016.
- I love to draw, paint, and create new things.
- I love to cook. (Especially, my white Reese cookies! Yum!)
- My favorite colors are turquoise and chocolate.
- My favorite pastime is reading and writing.
- I love all things western.
- I’m a dog lover.
- I love stargazing.
- I’m terrified of extreme heights(Especially, of ladders), snakes, and spiders.
- I love going on road trips.
- I love rollercoasters (ever since conquering my fear of rides that go upside down at DollyWood in 2013)